Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good email...

Thought an email I received today was worth resetting.

From "Adam":
I know its not exactly KC news but whats your take on Trent Green? Death Wish? Not knowing when to give up? The best thing I think can happen to him is not to have his butt leave the sideline, and I know the Rams blow but that's a lot of money to throw at a guy who is one hit away from vegetable-ism. Am I missing something?

As I told Adam earlier today, I made essentially the same point he's making a little over a month ago here. Now that Green hasn't taken my advice, I can't really say I'm that surprised. We spend a lot of time complaining about the younger generation of athletes being so pampered and disillusioned that they don't think that the rules apply to them. I'm not sure this is that much different. There has to be an air of invincibility to Green for him to make this decision. Either that or he has a wife that goes through money like Jose Guillen goes through MLB teams. Either way, I just hope Bulger stays healthy and we don't have to seen Trent carried off the field again.

On Adam's last point about the Rams, $8.9 million for 3 years is a ton...but this isn't baseball where the contracts are guaranteed either. Seems less than intelligent to count on Trent as a backup to someone as fragile as Bulger, but that's pretty much par for the Rams...and the city of St. Louis. This is the same organization that employed Leonard "Manslaughter" Litttle, you know.

Finally, speaking of St. Louis and fragile: Albert Pujols is going to try and tough it out without surgery on his elbow. Weird how the injuries are piling up for Pujols now. It's almost as if he's a 40 year old man who has been doing something to stay in good condition and then just stopped...I'm just sayin'...

No comments: