Wednesday, April 30, 2008

That is more like it!

ROYALS NEWS
Jose Guillen beginning to come out of his shell? The 5 RBIs from last night say maybe. If he starts hitting this entire lineup can turn around. DeJesus, Grudz and Gordon have done a good job getting on in front of him, and if they continue these Royals may not look quite as putrid.

Speaking of things we thought, but hadn't seen....Brett Tomko is starting to look every bit as terrible as I'd anticipated. On the bright side we've already gotten more out of him than I expected, and Jorge De la Rosa looks ready for his shot. I'd give Tomko one more start, make sure Jorge can maintain his stellar start, and then make the move.

CHIEFS NEWS
I swear, someone took the reigns from Carl on Day 1. Dorsey and Flowers are two of my favorite picks in the entire draft. They could both be pro bowlers and make an already talented young defense look even better. Everyone else seems high on Alberts, so I'll give them credit for that too.

The flip side is that someone gave the controls back to Carl on Day two. How we passed on Anthony "Mama Gotta Eat" Collins in the third round is beyond me. How we did it to pick a running back and tight end is criminal. I don't know how you can get 6 starters when you use 2/3 of your 3rd round to pick up players at positions where you already have All Pros.

OTHER NEWS

-Turns out when I used to call the Rocket a child molester I was right...HA! Seriously, this guy needs to pull a Mark McGwire...and fast. Time to disappear Roger...maybe to France? In case you don't know what I'm talking about, not only did Roger cheat on the field, he did off the field as well. With country music's one hit wonder Mindy McReady (yeah she was)...bigger problem? She was 15 and he was 28 when the relationship started...WOW!

- The Jayhawks signed another recruit, giving them 7...this pretty much seals that Self thinks Arthur won't be back...could be a long November for the Hawks next year.

No comments: