Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Funnies

You don't think of Bobby Knight as a funny man. Tyrranical? certainly... Hysterical? Notsomuch. But at times his temper tantrums and antics have been nothing short of hysterical, and you already know how much I think of Knight, so we're dedicating the weekend to Knight, today with the funnies...and then even funnier on Sunday with videos. I shouldn't have to say this, but just to be safe; if you're offended by crude language you probably won't find him funny:

Bobby Knight on the media...
"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things. "

On himself...
"I don't think I have ever been out of control."

“I don't have to wait until the next morning to regret something I did that was kinda dumb.”

Misc...

"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

“If I were in charge I'd drug test all you son's of b*tches, not just the athletes.”

“If my primary purpose here at Indiana is to go out and win ballgames, I can probably do that as well as anybody can. I would just cheat, get some money from alot of people around Indianapolis who want to run the operation that way, and just go out and get the best basketball players I can. Then we'd beat everybody.”

“Everyone wants to be on a winning team, but no one wants to come to practice”

Bottom line, even when he was being funny Knight was usually right. Some people think he's done for good, I kind of expect him to come back in a couple of years and chase 1000 wins...not for the prestige of it, just to give a big middle finger to all the people who dislike him.


Thanks to thinkexist.com and brainyquote.com for the quotes.

1 comment:

Button said...

http://texasswimming.blogspot.com/2008/02/knight-out-knight-in.html