Saturday, February 2, 2008

A little bit of everything

This is a little bit of everything, and I'm going to jump around a little...hope you can keep up. First off, it was hard to think of Friday Funnies yesterday with surprising news of Jason Horton's arrest and still being shocked over the KU loss to KSU. But thinking about that, I just want to say this.
Frank Martin...















Nick Turturro...












Not a perfect match, but when Martin goes crazy on the sideline I think of Turturro's role in The Longest Yard...minus the affair with the cross-dressing cheerleader of course...

In more serious news, Jason Horton's arrest caps a terribly disappointing career in Columbia. I remember when Horton was recruited and everyone thought he was the savior at point guard. If anyone is, Jason Horton is a poster child for the Quin Snyder era at Mizzou. The Mizzou website states that "Stats don't tell the whole story" of Horton's junior year and then goes on to talk about his statistical contributions, which are above average. Above average is far from what Jason Horton was supposed to be, and now as a senior he's standing out for all the wrong reasons. Tiger basketball fans could use a break right now.

State of the Blog got derailed, but here's a reflection of our January goals and January performance:

Goal: 1,000 unique visitors
Result: 1,489 unique visitors
This was by far my biggest success, spurred by links from Tigerboard and Bring on the Cats

Goal: 100 comments
Result: Closer to 20
I don't know how to get people to comment, maybe I should say something ridiculous like this guy...he gets lots of comments.

Goal: 55 blog postings
Result: 38
I noticed most of the blogs that have more than this have more than one blogger, I need that...or I need shorter postings.

Goal: Mailer up to 50 members
Result: Mailer at 22 members
I failed on this one, I forgot it was even a goal until now.

Goal: 10 return links
Result: Links from exactly 10 sites
What's more exciting than meeting this goal? 53 people found the website through search engines....WOW! Mizzou just beat K-State! WOW!

Sorry, lost focus there for a second....but WOW!

No comments: