Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Starstruck

Mizzou kicks Hannah off team

I think most Mizzou fans think this was a long time coming. Stefhon Hannah had to go, if not for the Athena incident then certainly after he stopped attending class. It's too bad when a kid like Hannah gets every opportunity in the world, multiple second chances in life, and does nothing. I'm sure there are a lot of 20 somethings out there that wish they'd been given one of Hannah's many opportunities.

I don't really see how this has much of an effect on the current Tigers, I don't think anyone really expected Hannah to play again this year anyways. But I wonder how it effects the future Tigers? How many moms of potential recruits are going to hear about all of these 'incidents'? I know this stuff happens in a lot of places but in Columbia, Missouri? Not the Columbia I remember. In other words, I don't know that this is so much damaging to the team or to the reputation of Coach Anderson, but maybe to the city of Columbia itself, which in turn could have a negative impact on recruiting. The last thing Anderson needs are more hinderances to recruiting.

No comments: