Monday, February 11, 2008

Mea Culpa

KC Sports Report got a little blah there for a while, and that's my bad. Sometimes it seems like the topic is too narrow, sometimes it feels like it's too vague....KC Sports Report...what is it? Then it hit me: Just because it's a sports report doesn't make me a sports reporter...I'm not breaking any news here and as long as I have a job I won't be. What I'm giving is opinion, and not near enough of it. Almost universally, everyone enjoys reading the Kool Aid Drinker, because he says what he thinks...not canned comments trying not to sound biased...you know what? I'm biased, and sometimes I have an agenda. Furthermore, I'm pretty damn boring when I try to hide those facts. So, from now on the Sports Report pledges more opinion, starting with Starstruck, which is a new blog entry each day analyzing one (or more) articles in the Star...and what I think about them. One other change? The links on the left have grown stale. If you guys are reading this blog, you already know the results of games, or the latest headlines on kcroyals.com...that space will immediately be changed to "In Case You Missed It" and will feature more obscure news from Kansas City and beyond. Also, if there's a national story I have an opinion on, you're going to get it. For now that's it, if you have more ideas feel free to offer suggestions below.

No comments: