Sunday, December 23, 2007

Apathy Reigns

I always thought Kansas City could be a baseball town again, I just thought the Royals would have to win to make it happen. However, it's the middle of December and fans in Kansas City are already pining for the Royals. Is it because of the optimism over the job Dayton Moore has done? Maybe. More likely though it's complete apathy over a Chiefs franchise that right now does not look salvageable. "King Carl " and Herm have led us to this place and must go, but I don't think anyone really believes they will. Thus we're left with apathy. I predicted 4-12 for the Chiefs at the beginning of the year and was laughed at pretty hard when the Chiefs stood 4-3. Now, it's not really funny at all. I think the Chiefs win today or next week and finish at 5-11, if only to mess up their draft position and my prediction but I'm not sure anyone in Kansas City will notice.

No comments: