Saturday, December 22, 2007

So, I Couldn't Wait

I'd told everyone that KC Sports Report was coming back on 12/26, and that really was the plan. But if you know me even a little you know patience is not a trait I possess in great quantities. Chances are no one else will see this until 12/26 anyways, but just in case someone gets antsy like me, here it is.

A little background to start things off, kcsportsreport.com is a site that I maintained (and I use that term loosely) back in 2005. It was everything Kansas City sports with links blogs and *ahem* articles from yours truly. I mostly marketed it on message boards (thanks Nick) and probably enjoyed it as much as I could have. Unfortunately I couldn't maintain a web page the way I desired and I got frustrated. Eventually, like so many local teams' recent championship dreams, it died. I've regretted it ever since and so I'm making another run at it, Dick Vermeil style. No longer will I work around the clock maintaining a site, links, etc. I've got blogspot to take care of the site for me, and hopefully you to help with the links. This leads me to what I want out of this blog.

Essentially, I want everything, but I need help. I plan on blogging as often as I can, posting links to interesting information whenever I find it, and keeping this site as fresh as I can. I hope to contributions from a lot more people, that's the only way this can work. That's the only way this can truly become a portal for Kansas City sports. The only way this can become the first place people look for news, opinions and interesting stories about the Royals, Chiefs, Tigers, Jayhawks and everyone else.

Maybe it seems a little far-fetched, but I'd rather call it ambitious. Regardless, if you have a KC sports blog, email me...if you want to contribute to the site, email me....if you just have an interesting link or story, email me. I'm counting on help from a lot of different places to turn this into all it can be.

As for me, if you want a sampling of what you'll be reading, here's an article I wrote from tigerboard.com about Quin Snyder, and here's another on Alex Gordon that was posted on Chiefs Planet. I hope to have at least one article out a day, with several other posts and links from other sources, more than that I hope to have feedback and lots of it.

So there it is, the triumphant (or not so) return of KC Sports Report. Check back daily and you'll see something new for sure, and please contact me, even if it's only to tell me I'm dead wrong (I hear that plenty anyways) or to offer a suggestion.

1 comment:

stevo! said...

nice to see you're coming (out) prematurely!

seriously, if I can attract 10-12 loyal readers per week, you can at least triple me.

All that's left to do now is "live blog" Indy from turn 2 ... and "live blog" the DNC come late July. I think Deuce would LOVE the 500 experience. Gotta haul you, him, and Brett up there to enjoy the greatest sporting spectacle on earth come late May this year. (steve putting on the ski cap and buying a "water pistol" to kidnap Heath and Brett ...)

Good luck with the site dude. It'll blow up. (gus johnson voice) It can happen! Believe!