Saturday, December 29, 2007

State of the Blog- Week 1

Sure, I know there may be a lot of you that don't care to hear the stats for a blog that's only just begun. I also know the whole "State of the Blog Address" may seem a little too bloggish for some of you. But it's my blog, and I'm pretty excited by the week one numbers... so let's get to them.

289 people visited the site in it's first week of existence. Sure, this isn't a huge number, but considering Christmas Eve and Christmas brought me a combined 15 visitors, I don't think it's that bad. It's about 285 more than read my everyday blatherings before I had a blog...now we just need to figure out if that's a good thing.

I had two days with 85 or more different people checking in. Again, considering it's only week one and what our advertising budget is, I don't think it's anything to laugh at. This is something to laugh at.

This is where I think it gets at least a little exciting to me. 36% of the people that visited came back at least once. Of those people, 45% came back more than 7 times to check back. That means at least some of you liked what you read, and I like that a lot.

For those of you wondering where the people came from; Almost 60% came from Tigerboard, another 18% came from Chiefs Planet, and the rest came from a variety of sources including my new Blogger Email and Herm's Homie. If you'd like to get on the mailer, just email me at heath.cummings@gmail.com.

The one thing I'd like to improve the most is reader participation. I was really excited to finally get a few comments from the Christmas Pinatas Article but I apparently need to do a better job encouraging comments. With that, my goals for the month of January:

1,000 unique visitors
100 comments
55 blog postings
Increase the blogger mailer to 50 members
10 return links from semi reputable sites

No comments: