Monday, January 7, 2008

KC Sports Report not the only one making a comeback

So last night was the return of American Gladiators and I couldn't resist saying a few things about it. First and foremost, I loved it. I grew up on the original, and on Hulk Hogan...I thought putting them together was brilliant. Laila Ali as the other host was fine as well, but I thought Hulk carried her.

The Gladitors are a smorgasbord of good and bad. Wolf is going to become a cult hero of epic proportions, especially if he's in every other event like he was last night. Titan, on the other hand, notsomuch. But you know what? He was hilarious.

As far as the girls, most of them aren't quite as scary as the old girls were, except Hellga of course...I had nightmares about her. And Crush? I may have to stop talking about her so much or my photobloggrapher is going to make me stop watching the show.

Besides the Gladiators, we had a blown out knee and bloody forehead in the first episode...not to mention a tattooed skater, an Asian geek (who won), and single mom, a firefighter...a little bit of everything.

Yeah the show is cheesy (the original wasn't?) and the interviews are worse, but overall I'd give it a 9 out of 10. Why? It's fun for the whole family. It's on again tonight at 7 and my kids can't wait to watch...heck, I'm even a little excited...how many shows are on TV today that you can watch with your kids and both get a kick out of?

No comments: