Tuesday, January 15, 2008

State of the Blog

People often approach me and ask 'How's the blog?' What I want to say is 'You tell me...' but I usually just reply that it's doing well or something to that effect...assuming those people still read the blog, this semi regular feature gives them a better answer.

According to my expectations the blog is doing exceptionally well. We've had over 1500 unique visitors in less than one month and already met most of our January goals. I'm still struggling to get people to comment publicly...no one seems to mind sending me an email or blasting me on a message board, but the comments section has gone largely unused...which isn't really that big a deal I guess. A few exciting facts from the first 3 1/2 weeks...

- We had over 500 visitors on 1/13 to read the KC Sports Report TV blog ( you can count on that as a regular Sunday feature now)

- The search engines are starting to pick us up! Someone googled 610 Sports firings and found us...another person googled Mike Solari firing and found us...and a few of the people that found us actually stuck around for a few minutes

- The Sports Report has been viewed in 10 different countries already

What does all of this mean? It's time to push forward...

More reader interaction... I'd like to see more than 25 votes a week in the polls

The links section will be overhauled in the next two weeks to be easier to read and more relevant.

February will bring major changes to the entire site, including (hopefully) a new writer and more legitimacy.

I'll be back with another report at the end of January to summarize the first full month and set a few more ambitious goals for the site. Hope you keep coming back to read because as George Brett would say "If you live in Kansas City you've got to be a fan of the Sports Report"...or something like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm happy to see the numbers that you put up and glad to see you have met most of your January goals keep it up buddy I'm out