Thursday, January 3, 2008

Jayhawk Wrap Up

I thought the best way to start today was to clean up my mess from last night. I ran a game blog and for those of you that read it I'd like to apologize for stopping at the end of three quarters. First I had to deal with tucking in kids, and then it got stressful so I started drinking. I'm trying really hard to avoid blogging while drinking, so I didn't come back. If you were feeling like I was blogs weren't on your mind. What was?

1. This has to be the greatest day to be a Kansas Jayhawk fan since 1988. Kansas just finished a 12-1 season with a BCS victory in the Orange Bowl. Read that last sentence again....wow. And since football season is officially over now (approximately 4 months later than it usually is in Lawrence), how about the basketball team? 13-0 ain't bad at all.

2. I kind of likes the red jerseys, but only for special occasions. Maybe only for January bowl games.

3. Todd Reesing is going to be nicknamed Sod Reesing before long. He has to learn to slide before next year.

4. Speaking of next year, Mangino must find a good kicker by then. With a much tougher schedule next year the Jayhawks will probably have 3-4 games decided by field goals.

5. And this is the big one. MU and KU fans will argue until next year about who had the better year. MU beat KU, KU won a BCS game, MU won the North, KU only lost one game, etc etc etc I guess that's all fun and everything but let's not forget the big picture here. This is the single greatest college football season in Kansas City history. The game at Arrowhead, the success of both of these teams, all of it combined to make a miserable Chiefs season completely bearable. You know what else? The Big 12 North is back in a big way. Two North teams in the top 6(maybe higher)? College football in this area is alive in a way it never has been.

Congrats to the Tigers and the Jayhawks, let's enjoy it.


No comments: